I love participating in Saturday Night Genealogy Fun from Genea-Musings! Today is not Saturday, it’s Sunday, and I’ll admit 90% of the reason I’m writing this post is to procrastinate work I have to do at 9:30pm on a Sunday.
Today’s prompt is a relaxed one that is easy for me to answer! You can see the original post here: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/05/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-your-other.html
Tell us about your “other” hobbies or interests outside of genealogy and family history research, writing, speaking, etc.
- Travel: I loooove to travel. And I love to plan trips almost as much as taking the trips. My favorite trips have been the times where I’ve been given a large block of time with complete freedom to determine how my family will spend it. I’ve been to England/Scotland (sadly this was pre-genealogy for me) and France. Currently working on a trip to Scandinavia this summer!
- Hockey: I am a huge hockey fan, especially college hockey. I drive 2.5 hours southeast every weekend to watch my alma mater’s hockey team.
- Cooking: I enjoy cooking, but I especially enjoy selecting what I feel are the best and most authentic recipes for interesting foods. I love making things completely from scratch and knowing that it’s good because I used good quality ingredients and gave it plenty of time to develop good flavors.
- Concerts: I like pop and punk pop music and I go to a LOT of concerts by myself during tour season.
- TV: As a single person I watch way too much TV. Mostly crime shows like Criminal Minds and anything “Chicago” and comedies like Big Bang Theory and Young and Hungry.
- Other things: I like to play video games, watch IndyCar racing, watch makeup videos on YouTube (and buy way too much makeup), go to garage sales and read romance novels.
That’s it about me! 🙂
Leave a Reply